We waited for this trip for a while now! All my family and I are back in the Philippines!!!! Woop Woop!
3 weeks of holiday, to visit and spend a bit time with family from Pangasinan (my mom’s side) and Bicol (from my dad’s side); to explore my beautiful motherland and of course to have fun with friends. Super excited about that trip! Can you imagine 4 years have passed since I moved from the Phils. Time flies so so fast! Why did I wait 4 years to come back in the Phils, seriously awww stupid thing! haha Ok well between those years I’ve been moving to Malaysia, the UK, then back to France, then moved again to Tunisia, etc, etc… Yeah ok I was busy away! But hey I’m back!
In the program:
- Bicol (Monday 31/07 – Thursday 03/08) with my Mom, we will visit my Aunt and her new built-house.
- Tagaytay (Friday 04/08) one day with my brother from another mother, Jerome.
- Pico de Loro, Batangas (Saturday 05/08 – Sunday 06/08), week-end getaway with friends Jerome and Garet.
- El Nido, Palawan (Monday 07/08 – Friday 11/08), exploring the islands with my good friend Shams.
- Pangasinan (Friday 11/08 – Wednesday 16/08), joining my Mom and family for a wedding, birthday and trip to Hundred Islands.
- Manila (Wednesday 16/08 – Saturday 19/08), shopping and relax!
Such a great itinerary! But I can tell you 3 weeks wasn’t that long 🙁 Too short and not enough time. Actually that happened when you’re enjoying your holiday to the fullest! right? 🙂
I love Manila and when I came back, I realized that I’ve missed the Philippines so badly!!! Seriously why I left the country :/
So many things have changed. You will find a bit of Venise, Las Vegas, Macau in some areas of Manila. Massive new buildings appeared while others are still under construction. There are more and more tourists coming in the city and the Philippines became progressively a very trendy destination to visit. But one thing it hasn’t changed: the TRAFFIC! Omg Manila traffic is the worst! I can tell you, it drives you crazy! Believe me you don’t want to experience this, trust me! Seriously Pinoy peepz are too brave to face this everyday!
So back to the article, here you will find pictures from my 3 weeks adventure in the country and places you have to visit. The Philippines are wonderful and unique landscapes! Views are breathtaking and experiencing every islands of the country is magical. Our world offering us a real beauty full of surprises that we have to enjoy!
I’ve been overwhelmed by emotions, my trip was a great success! Except I haven’t got enough time to meet all my friends in Manila. But that will be for another time cause I will be back sooner than you think 😀 x
FORT BONIFACIO, TAGUIG, METRO MANILA
1 & 2. Shops and restaurants in High street Fort Bonifacio in Taguig.
If you don’t want to experience the mall always full of people, you better to go to this place outdoor. It’s much pleasant! One of my favorite place to hang out 🙂
3. View of Serendra and Market Market from Seda hotel rooftop where you can eat and drink after work or weekend. It gives you a great and relaxing time with upbeat music, drinks and delicious “pica-pica” while you’re enjoying the spectacular view over BGC.
4. At Serendra, a lovely residential development
5 & 6. Pool and Samba restaurant at Shangri-la hotel, Taguig. The bar by the pool is perfect for your afternoon chill or for cocktails sunset.
7 & 8. Ibiza beach club, a restaurant, club and entertainment center in Taguig, Manila. The place is new, recently opened last April, good for dinner and drinks. The night you can enjoy different performances like daring exhibitions, broadway inspired shows and movie musical sequences.
9. Fountain shows in Macau… haha no actually in Uptown Bonifacio 😉
10. Little Venice – a must visit! You will have the impression that you’re really in Venice.
MAKATI, METRO MANILA
11. View of Greenbelt and malls – Greenbelt became my favorite place where to shop and chill, cause you will find everything you need there. From Luxury brands to local brands. Plus Greenbelt is connected to Landmark, Glorietta and SM where there are more shops and restaurants.
12. View of Makati city from the rooftop of Our Awesome hostel in Kalayaan Ave – The hostel is running by my good friend and brother Jerome. If you are a backpacker, it’s perfect for you. You will like this place as it’s confortable and super affordable for a stay in the city.
13. Legazpi airport with the Mayon Volcano at the background – Manila to Legazpi is less than 1 hour flight (approx. 50 mins).
14. At Cagsawa church ruins with a magnificent view of the Mayon volcano. The church has been destroyed once by the Dutch pirates in 1636 then rebuild by Fr. Francisco Blanco but the volcano buried it by the 1814 eruption. We can only see now the tour and its ruins. It’s a MUST-SEE when you’re in Bicol.
15. Landscape taken from the top of the Mayon Volcano – another place you have to visit. Go at the top of the volcano, the view is very impressive, it really worth it and it’s only 20-25 mins drive to go up.
16. Somewhere in Tiwi coast
17. 24/7 Balikbayan beach resort – Hotel and restaurant, a perfect place to stay and chill by the pool
18 & 19. Picture taken from my Aunt’s house, the rooftop gives amazing views of the Mayon Volcano and more
20. Sunrise – picture taken from the rooftop of the house
21. View of the magnificent Taal Volcano – the smallest active volcano in the world. A must-see!
22 & 23. At Sky Ranch – Amusement park with many traditional rides for kids & adults, multiple restaurants & a gift shop.
24 & 25. Escala Hotel – Luxury boutique hotel in Tagaytay with a panoramic view of the Taal volcano. Probably for me the best place ever to stay in Tagaytay.
The view is just sick!
PICO DE LORO, BATANGAS
26. Pico de Loro beach resort – there’s the hotel called Pico de Loro Sand and many apartments that you can rent via private individuals. The resort included four restaurants and bars with bowling and billiards, a swimming-pool area, a spa, and of course the beach just in front of the complex.
27. The swimming pool area
28. Beach front – wearing Forever21 maxi dress
29. Chilling area by the beach
30. Wearing Calzedonia basic swimwear (direct link in Shop my closet)
EL NIDO, PALAWAN
31 & 32. View of the beach from my room in Chislyk cottages in Corong Corong beach (more details coming in a second article)
33. Small Lagoon
34 & 35. Kayaking and exploring the Big Lagoon
36. Wonderful and small cave in Big Lagoon
37. Big Lagoon
38. Miniloc Resort and beach
Pictures taken in LIO – a hidden beach in El Nido. Still on going, the place is a total change of scenery. There are hotels, restaurants, bars and shops and also you can enjoy some great activities. It’s quiet and very relaxing! You wouldn’t leave this place for sure!
Pictures taken in Star beach where we stopped for our lunch break. My favorite beach I’ve visited so far in El Nido.
48. Posing with the famous ride in the Philippines, the Tricycle! The transportation can be different according the regions.
49 & 50. Sunset at Las Cabañas beach
51. Maremegmeg beach bar – for me the best place to chill and drink while watching the sunset in Las Cabañas beach
52. Tiny streets in the center of the town
HUNDRED ISLANDS, PANGASINAN
53. The port of Alaminos where you take the boat to Hundred Islands
54 – 56. On the way to Hundred Islands – It’s a national park in the Philippines, in total there are 124 islands at low tide and 123 at high tide. Only 3 of them have been developed for tourism: Governor Island, Quezon Island, and Children’s Island.
PS: Hope you enjoyed the article and I convince you to visit the country! There’s so much things to see… Two articles are in progress, one is entirely dedicated to the must-go places in the Philippines (like areas, restaurants, bars and more) and the second one to the paradise in earth El Nido. Stay around! 😉
C’est magnifique je rêverais d’y aller. Dommage que ce ne soi pas plus proche d’ici
Non mais c’est bien pour ça que c’est un pays magnifique, c’est ce qu’il fait son charme : Un lieu PARADISIAQUE 😀
C’est tellement beau ! J’aimerais beaucoup découvrir les Philippines, ainsi que presque toute l’Asie en fait.
Mon beau frère y a été pour parfaire les arts martiaux et il a beaucoup aimé.
J’en ai profité pour regarder les photos avec mon chéri, qui a adoré (surtout la vue de l’hôtel grand luxe ^^)
Ce voyage avait l’air super chouette 🙂
Merci pour ce beau voyage qui fait rêver ! ça devait vraiment être magique. (Tes photos sont superbes !).
Je n’ai jamais eu l’occasion de visiter les Philippines.
C’est vrai que 3 semaines ça passe vite quand on voyage ! En tout cas, tu as ramenés de belles photos et plein de souvenirs !
Passe une belle journée 🙂
Oh quel superbe voyage, ça donne vraiment très envie de faire de même et de partir 🙂
c’est beau et incroyable car cela ne ressemble en rien à ce que l’on voit en Europe !
Tes photos donnent envie de s’acheter un billet directement !
I really loved this stuff.
You made me feel nostalgic! Hoping we could go home over the holidays! You have amazing shots too! Looks like you really had so much fun!
Yes I really did! It’s been almost 5 years I haven’t get back there and I forgot how beautiful is the country 🙂
What a fab post. I love the photos … very inspiring ❤️❤️❤️
I love this post! Thank you for sharing such great content and inspiration. Xx
Amazing pictures. Blog super ma chéri je te suis tous les jours. Au prochaine articles. Bientot j’espère.
I com back.!!!!❤❤
J’adore! Sublime. Prochaine destination les phillipines❤️
La prochaine fois je vous embarque toi et Mimi <3
Welcome back! I have never been there before and would have never expected traffic to be like that!! Great post I felt like I was thee lol
Wow such an amazing travel blog and magnificent photos. I love the places you visited and your chic a la mode fashion. Post more travels soon ! 🙂